You pay money to drive web traffic to your landing page. When your target audience gets there you have literally 3 seconds to grab their interest or they are gone. Many marketers waste money by ignoring the actual pages they use to get their audience to convert. Landing page conversion range from 2% to 8% on average, of course specific keywords you can see conversions as high as 30%. Which side of that spectrum are your pages at?
Here are must haves for landing pages:
- Value proposition and call to action must be above the fold.
- Keep it simple, the more fancy you get, the higher chance you have to confuse your audience
- Your first attempt will certainly not be your best, you must have a plan in place to AB test value props, and then for the more sophisticated marketers you need a multivariable testing plan.
- Use Google analytics, click heat maps
- Ensure your landing pages deliver on the banner and text ad messages. Nothing puts of people like being told one thing in an ad and not having anything about the subject matter on the landing pages.
Of course there is lots more to this science. We highly encourage you to contact us for a preliminary assessment of your landing page strategy.